School and Parent Partnership
Working in strong partnership is very important to every child’s learning journey. Parents obviously have the most powerful influence on their child’s development and we aim to help parents ‘belong’ and to feel that Suffah Primary is their school too.
We encourage you to attend whenever we hold our Parent Meetings. We also have half-termly open meetings with Ustadh Asif. Details of all meetings will be posted on the website in advance.
If you have any ideas about how we can further support our partnership, please let us know.
Reading at Home
At a recent Parents’ meeting with Ustadh Asif he emphasised the importance of children reading at home.
Here you will find some fantastic websites to help you support your child with reading. Many of these are free, some which contain over 250 e-books which can be downloaded to a phone or a tablet – always helpful for any car journey!
If you know of any wonderful websites that you think others will benefit from accessing, please let us know!
- Super Summary – literature resources A comprehensive list of resources for all things literature.
- Chatterbooks! A fantastic free resource with competitions and reading clubs.
- Oxford Reading Owl Over 250 FREE e-books!
- Booktrust A website designed to get families reading together. Also includes some excellent videos from ‘Literacy Celebrities’!
- Love Reading 4 Kids A brilliant website with extensive book lists and recommendations from baby to young adult.
Parent Feedback / Reviews
Some of you have logged on to Parent View at https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/ but we would love more of you to do so. Please take the time to log on as your views are very important to us. If you would prefer to give us your views in a different way please feel free; Ustadh Asif stands at the entrance each morning and we also offer parents a paper questionnaire each year.