I am pleased to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year. I am looking forward to building a great relationship with both the children and their parents. Year 1 is such a fun year with so many learning activities to celebrate. My main goal is to make the classroom a safe environment for the children by creating a family of learners. I am committed to creating a classroom environment where all the children are valued, trusted and respected member of our learning environment. I have organised and planned activities that reinforce the fact that we are one family and work, as our prophet (SAW) has explained, like a cemented structure. I pray that you will support and encourage this vision at home, encouraging them to act as brothers and sisters as you already do, MA Sha Allah!
My name is Ust Saida, and I have been teaching in Suffah for almost five years. I have one daughter who has just started her A levels.
I grew up in Morocco and completed my teacher training with QTS in Saint Mary’s University in Twickenham. I specialised in Maths and Modern Foreign Languages. I worked in many schools before and I have been teaching in Year 1 for quite a while now. I am also the science coordinator in Suffah.
I welcome and value parent involvement throughout the year. I would love to hear from you and to work with you in supporting your child.
Our first meeting is happening this week on Wednesday the 2nd of October 2019. I am looking forwards to seeing you all.
Autumn 1 Newsletter
It has been exciting getting to know our classroom routines. We had a wonderful first month of school! What a great and fun hardworking children I have this year!
Please look at our overview to have an idea of what we are covering this half term and use the timetable to help your child to be organised for and ready to learn.
Please read with your child every day and ensure that they are equipped with their reading books. Help them to learn their addition facts using the maths challenge sheet as well as their assembly lines.
What we are learning:
- To know numbers to 20, finding one more and one less.
- To understand bonds to 10, knowing parts and whole(6= 2+4)
- To know the names of 2D shapes and their properties
- To read high-frequency words
- To know and describe the characters in a story
- To know the sequence of events in a story
- To use phonics to write labels then captions
- To use capital letters, finger spaces and full stops
- To write in full sentences using phonics
- Begin unit of animals including humans
- To learn how to take turns and to use kind hands
Our work :